What You Need (as an Independent Contractor) with WTM
- Business Account and Credit Card
- While not absolutely required, we highly recommend that you keep your
business banking separate from your personal account. Agency checks
and money orders are best handled from a business account, and you will
probably want a place to deposit commission checks made out to your
- Your computer should run Windows /2000/XP/Vista, and have a minimum
of 64 MB RAM, at least a 2.1 GB disk with sufficient free space,
2 MB SVGA Video Card, 800 x 600 minimum resolution setting, an
internet connection, and Internet Explorer 5.01 or higher.
- Errors and Omissions Insurance
- While not absolutely required, you should obtain travel agent
professional liability and/or errors and omissions insurance for
your own protection. World Travel Management itself carries
the industry standard of professional liability and E & O insurance.
- Professional Proficiency
- Our program is designed for experienced agents. However, we do
offer three entry pathways for well motivated self-starters via
the Career Quest Training Center
the Education Systems
Independent Agent Package or through
the more basic
The Travel Institute TRIP program.
It is especially helpful to have prior business and sales experience.
- Internet Service
- The internet is the independent contractor's friend. You will
conduct research, make bookings, request invoices, and communicate with
WTM and with some of your customers over the internet.
- Method of Payment
- Currently, payments for travel arrangements can be made
with certified check or money order to WTM or preferably, directly
to the supplier by client credit card. Agency checks will be
accepted only if certain criteria are met. Agent credit cards
should be used to pay annual participation and monthly access fees,
and to pay incidental expenses to prevent these from being deducted
- Phone and Fax
- A stand-alone fax or efax is recommended because many suppliers still send confirmation faxes and notices that we need to forward to your fax number as they are received.